View Single Post
Old August 6 2013, 09:36 AM   #15
AllStarEntprise
Captain

Re: Director Jon M. Chu Rumoured to be Front Runner for Star Trek 3.

Quote from Bryan Singer when talking about X-Men First Class

"I genuinely like the people, and my personality meshes more with this universe than it does with other universes, I think; I see that now at this point... I feel a connection to the X-Men characters and also the ensemble nature of the films. If you look at 'Usual Suspects'' or my last film, 'Valkyrie,' I feel especially comfortable with ensemble juggling. In the space between all the characters you can disguise a central thought that's hidden in all the discourse. I missed that with the singular relationship story of Superman. And, well, it always gives you something to cut to..."
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...ogether-again/

The one the biggest problems with Superman Returns is how Superman is portrayed. Try this. Watch SR and count how many lines Kevin Spacey (Luthor) and Kate Bosworth (Lois) have compared to Brandon Routh. Routh has very few speaking lines as both Clark and Superman, and he's the title character. The film proceeds with very little contribution from Supes. He's like a side character in his own movie. He only shows up when something Super needs done. Compared to MoS where Cavil was definitely the main character and we followed his story throughout the film.
AllStarEntprise is offline   Reply With Quote