C.E. Evans wrote:
Other changes I'd expect:
- No bow tie (they are no longer cool with the Twelfth Doctor).
- A costume that's more contemporary than the Eleventh's current, but not as casual as the Ninth's.
- A new, but more modest sonic screwdriver (and less of a reliance on it). The Twelfth Doctor could have new tools in addition to the sonic.
- Brighter, more warm lighting for the TARDIS control room (but it otherwise stays the same as far as the overall design).
- New opening sequence and logo (or an extensive modification of the current one).
Yeah I expect a more contemporary and dignified look as well. Smith already pushed the "geeky professor" thing about as far as it can go, and I can't really imagine Cipaldi with the rumpled Troughton/Tom Baker/McCoy look.
And I'd be very surprised if they didn't keep the same basic control room, given that they just built the thing.