View Single Post
Old August 5 2013, 07:49 PM   #5
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: My Take On A Pre-TOS Series

Most of what you suggest here I like, especially no time travel, Archer and Trip's bios, the make up of crew, the time setting. I'd dump the Suliban.

I don't like the thing with Travis, however. From the way you describe the character below, it sounds like you are suggesting the same actors for these roles. I don't like the idea of Travis being Archer's personal servant or house-boy or whatever you want to call it.

Sounds like you want to extend what you refer to as "tokenism", into out and out stereotype, which is a lot worse, IMO.
Bry_Sinclair wrote: View Post
I thought the shift might suit him better and actually give him something more to do, rather than just be the token black guy. He would be an advisor to Archer, providing his in-depth knowledge of space and aliens he encountered on his parents freighter, whilst also able to gage the mood of the crew and keep Archer in the loop about matters he would normally never hear about. He would also be an officer-in-training, someone Archer could take under his wing and help guide.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote