View Single Post
Old August 5 2013, 06:54 PM   #221
Robert Comsol
Commodore

Re: Let's Discuss the Romulan Bird of Prey!

My firtst encounter with the Romulan BoP were the AMT model kits (before I saw the episode) and for some unconscious reason I already felt the model (option 3 if I remember correctly) to be too big next to the AMT Enterprise.

Maybe it's the lack of truly interesting exterior features (like a hangar bay?), the vessel looks rather compact and more like an oversized shuttlecraft compared to the Klingon Battlecruiser or the Enterprise.

For me, option # 2 is the one that feels right. I wouldn't really mind option # 1 but anything bigger than # 2 looks odd to me.

Bob

P.S.

Just came across this great source with descriptions and lines from the original "Balance of Terror" script.

Here, the Bridge of the Romulan Bird of Prey was originally envisioned to be a "cockpit"...hmm...sounds like the BoP was rather intended to be some kind of stealth bomber (coming from a mothership?).

Last edited by Robert Comsol; August 6 2013 at 03:35 PM. Reason: original episode's intentions
Robert Comsol is offline   Reply With Quote