View Single Post
Old August 5 2013, 06:31 AM   #61
kgartm1185
Lieutenant

Re: Federation Versus The Romulan Empire

MacLeod wrote: View Post
Sran wrote: View Post
R. Star wrote: View Post
As neat as that map is, unless you show me the episode it appears in... it doesn't count in regards to a canonical argument. T'Girl is right about the Klingons not sharing a border with Cardassia. Not only would they need a shared border to invade and hold worlds as they did in season 4 of DS9(unless you think the Federation that fought a conflict simultaneously with them just consented to supply lines through their space), there was the Betreka Nebula incident that Bashir and Garak discussed, a conflict between the Klingons and Cardassians that lasted 18 years.
And we know for a fact that they couldn't have shared a border because the Klingon fleet commanded by the Martok Changeling had to travel through both Federation and Bajoran space to reach Cardassian territory. It makes absolutely no sense that they would stop at Deep Space 9 en route if a more direct route to Cardassia were available.

--Sran
Have to disagree with your logic there. If the most direct (i.e. shortest) route from were the Klingon fleet departed from to reach Cardassian territory was through Federation space. It doesn't preculde a border that is less direct (i.e. a longer route).
Wow, I completely forgot about that!
kgartm1185 is offline   Reply With Quote