View Single Post
Old August 5 2013, 04:57 AM   #210
Dr. Sevrin
Vice Admiral

Re: The ENT and Melakon

2:13 - Dawn

TV Blurb: Trip gets stranded on a deserted planet with someone again, only this time it's an alien who wants to kill him. Written by John Shiban. Directed by Roxann Dawson.

If I said everything I wanted to say about the story's similarities to the film "Enemy Mine", it would take up half this entry. But Google indicates there has been plenty about that said already, so I'll save everybody the bother.

Good performances by Connor Trinneer and Gregg Henry. Henry is another actor whose work I first noticed in 1984 (Body Double), so I'm always pleased to see his name in credits. Unfortunately the script is pretty clunky. Trinneer gets lots of awful monologues and Henry gets lots of unintelligible grunts. Something happens in the final moments though, that makes me think Zho'Kaan understood more than he was letting on.

I thought Roxann Dawson's direction of the action scenes was well done, but I sensed a repetiveness in all the other scenes. If characters were just together talking, there seemed to be a lot of back and forth cutting. Not too many scenes with both lead characters together in frame.

There's finally a valid reason for Trip to take his shirt off without it feeling like a gratuitous skin shot.

At least no one said, "Your Mickey Mouse is one big stupid dope!"

Next: "Stigma"

Last edited by Dr. Sevrin; August 5 2013 at 05:04 AM. Reason: three G's in Gregg!
Dr. Sevrin is offline   Reply With Quote