View Single Post
Old August 5 2013, 02:20 AM   #57
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: When did the perception of Insurrection change?

SeerSGB wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
- The cat's out of the bag now, what's to keep someone (Ferengi, Romulans, Dominion, Klingons) for rolling up and say "fuck you" to the Baku. Federation space or not, if I heard my enemy had a magical healing world and I couldn't conquer it, I'd send in a warship to scorch the planet.
This has always been my biggest point for moving the Ba'ku. I don't want them getting slaughtered when another power inevitably hears about the fountain of youth. And I don't want to waste resources and potentially the lives of Starfleet personnel defending six-hundred people.
Yeppers. The Romulans or the Dominion aren't going to give a shit about 600 people. For that matter, the S'ona make white which brings up 2 things:

1) Why the fuck is the Federation dealing with a race that creates a key military asset for the enemy.

2) Why didn't the S'ona go to the Dominion and offer them this deal;

3) Why did the Dominion even put up with this arrangement? We should have seen a Dominion dreadnought warp in and beat the snot out of every one and claim the planet.

Okay 3 things.

the Son'a offered the deal to the Federation because the planet was in THEIR space.

Of course, again, they had no reason to offer them the deal if the Federation was going to renounce its claim in favor of the Baku, then the Son'a were free to step in and remove the Baku on their own.

again, the answer to many questions from this movie are "because the writer didn't think the premise through."