View Single Post
Old August 4 2013, 07:41 PM   #46
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: When did the perception of Insurrection change?

BillJ wrote: View Post
SeerSGB wrote: View Post
- The cat's out of the bag now, what's to keep someone (Ferengi, Romulans, Dominion, Klingons) for rolling up and say "fuck you" to the Baku. Federation space or not, if I heard my enemy had a magical healing world and I couldn't conquer it, I'd send in a warship to scorch the planet.
This has always been my biggest point for moving the Ba'ku. I don't want them getting slaughtered when another power inevitably hears about the fountain of youth. And I don't want to waste resources and potentially the lives of Starfleet personnel defending six-hundred people.
Yeppers. The Romulans or the Dominion aren't going to give a shit about 600 people. For that matter, the S'ona make white which brings up 2 things:

1) Why the fuck is the Federation dealing with a race that creates a key military asset for the enemy.

2) Why didn't the S'ona go to the Dominion and offer them this deal;

3) Why did the Dominion even put up with this arrangement? We should have seen a Dominion dreadnought warp in and beat the snot out of every one and claim the planet.

Okay 3 things.
SeerSGB is offline   Reply With Quote