View Single Post
Old August 4 2013, 04:10 PM   #144
Jeff O'Connor
Commodore

Send a message via AIM to Jeff O'Connor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeff O'Connor
Re: New Star Wars animated show "Rebels" coming fall 2014

General_Phoenix wrote: View Post
Set Harth wrote: View Post
If you don't count Y-wings.
True, but I mostly have ignored a lot of the prequel stuff. I've tried to get into it, but I just can't. Guess because I'm a dyed in the wool OT fan since..well..since I was a kid in the '70s.
Heh, I'm the same way and I wasn't even born until 1987. I was at the upper edge of the youngest and most toy-oriented demos back when Episode I came out in '99 and while I enjoy the prequel films reasonably well enough and respect that The Clone Wars blossomed into a good show I've just never been able to care nearly as much as I do for the OT era. There's something timeless and irresistible about the against-all-odds swashbuckling space opera of that style.

That's why I beamed a bit upon seeing those TIE Fighters. I can't wait for this show.

Also, seconding the shout-out to your avatar. I spent more time with X-Wing, TIE Fighter and XvT as a kid than I did with almost anything. Only JRPGs, Star Trek and soccer occupied more of my time, and even then just barely.