View Single Post
Old August 4 2013, 02:35 PM   #39
JarodRussell
Vice Admiral

Re: When did the perception of Insurrection change?

If six hundred Americans were sitting on a cure for cancer and the only way to get at it was to move them, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't care how much they cried "FREEDOM111!1"
Would you also kill them if they resisted? When would you stop and give up?

Mage wrote: View Post
BillJ wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post

In YOUR opinion.
Pretty much a given. People enjoy different things and look for different things in entertainment and shouldn't have to tag every post with "in my opinion".

But ultimatly, they are now as native to that planet as US citizens are to the US. And forcing them to leave because the UFP thinks they need some form of radiation....
Sorry. One, it is an apples and oranges comparison as there are currently 360 million Americans. So it wouldn't be practical to move that many people. Two, if six hundred Americans were sitting on a cure for cancer and the only way to get at it was to move them, I'd do it in a heartbeat. I don't care how much they cried "FREEDOM111!1"

Point of view then I suppose. I personally can not believe it's just to remove people by force to serve others. To much 'good' has been accomplished in the world by making others suffer. In all honousty, I can't help but wonder of the people of the Federation would even want a cure for all diseases, if they knew how 600 people were treated in order to get that cure. Assuming that the UFP is indeed such an enlightened society, you'd figure they'd be opposed.
Heck, the whole of the United States has been built on the blood of the native inhabitants of North America. It was wrong, it would still be wrong, and it will always be wrong.

If we were witnessing such a thing today, colonization, forced relocation and mass slaughter, we'd at least condemn it. Perhaps even act against it.
JarodRussell is offline   Reply With Quote