View Single Post
Old August 4 2013, 10:41 AM   #452
Cap.T
Lieutenant Commander

Re: ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Skywalker wrote: View Post
Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
I'm not sure why I'm here as I'm not an ENT fan and have never seen more than five full episodes, but... quick question:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the first two seasons of ENT filmed on, er, film, and the last two seasons filmed in digital HD? Meaning that the first two seasons have the potential for even greater resolution, whereas the last two seasons can never look any clearer than 1080.
Only the fourth season was filmed digitally. The first three seasons were all done on film. Season Four will probably look fine on Blu-ray, but if ENT ever gets a future release on a higher resolution (like, say, 4K), then I'm not so confident about its chances.
It's going to be interesting to see what season 4 lools like on Blu-Ray. Brannon Braga mentioned in one of the bonusmaterials that he thought the look of the show suffered when they changed to HD cameras. The camera they good back then was apparently one of the first digital cameras available for a TV-Show and not very well developed yet.
I remember some season 4 shots looked very wired even on TV. I haven't seen season 4 in a while but I remember there was an episode where Archer was tracking through some kind of desert and some of those shots looked strange.
Again I haven't seen this for a long time, but it's going to be interesting.
Cap.T is offline   Reply With Quote