View Single Post
Old August 4 2013, 01:51 AM   #295
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

Riley Cooper is an idiot but I've about had my fill with the manufactured outrage of the media the last week. Some of his teammates will get past it and others won't. Time to move on. The sensitivity training is such a CYA (cover your ass) move it's almost insulting. I've been in locker rooms long enough to know how people like him operate. He is an ignorant moron that said something racist. What he said was ridiculous but I'd be willing to bet that he doesn't harbor hatred for the African American race. It will be interesting to see how he is assimilated back into the team. That's a poor explanation but I can't explain it any better than that. Looking back on the teams I played for growing up it blows my mind how much casual racism got tossed around without anybody batting an eye.

Herm Edwards had a good interview this week when he discussed how he forbid music with racist terms in the locker room and didn't tolerate any racially charged phrases which included players of the same race using them on each other. I think it takes a top to bottom sweep from team leadership to manage a locker room where racism is a non-issue.

Last edited by Use of Time; August 4 2013 at 02:33 AM.