View Single Post
Old August 3 2013, 08:26 AM   #35
Mage
Commodore

Re: [Spoiler] designing the Vengeance

Tosk wrote: View Post
Mage wrote: View Post
Namecalling, half threats, shoutmatches..... Being disrespectfull to eachother. Yeah, we're living the true spirit of Star Trek here allright....
Where are any of those things in this thread?
In all honousty..... I suppose you are right. At the moment of writing that, I had just browsed several threads where people were just plain rude to others. Someone was calling some of the writers of TrekLit incompitent hacks for example. In other topics I see people being almost hostile to people that have a different opinion. It got to me. Then I came in this topic, saw something developing (but not there yet) that reminded me of the hostile atmosphere in other topics, and I responded. And not in a way I should have.
As stated earlier in this topic, debating is nice and good. I love it. But most people seem to confuse debating for shouting and namecalling these days. And like I said, I sometimes find that for confusing on a forum devoted to a show that teaches us that people could and should life respectfully with eachother.
Again, my apologies for making a statement that was, at the moment, driven by emotions and that had almost nothing to do with what was going on this topic.