View Single Post
Old August 1 2013, 10:35 PM   #156
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: So I'm Watching "Chains of Command"

Dale Sams wrote: View Post
Interesting...it means each section needs 25% more people actually qualified for the position. Also, wouldn't there be sections more important than others?...and NOT something that can be done at the drop of a hat?*

*I mean, it *can* be done, but we never saw if they did it and then ****ed themselves in an emergency.

EX:

Geordi: "Bridge we have a coolant leak...standby..."
Jelico: "Engineering?...Geordi....GEORDI!............. "

Geordi: "Standby....(yelling in background)...standby...okay...okay. We got it under control bridge."

Jellico: "WTF is going on down there??
Geordi: "WTF is going on Captain is you have 5% of my team on guard duty, 10% eating in 10 Forward and 5% asleep! Right now half my team are having to run two stations through the same station and tab back and forth!"
Not necessarily. You're assuming that each duty shift has an entirely different group of officers. There's no evidence to suggest that's the case. If a particular area of the ship needs five people to run it, who's to say a crew member can't be part of more than one shift?

--Sran