I emailed the secretary and pressed my situation...and she stated that she would have the surgeon look at the CT scan ASAP. I brought up the infection possibility along with the fact that I didn't want to wait another month and a half to have that knocked off the list. She has always been very accommodating to me, and we're on a first name basis now so I've been very appreciative of her efforts on my behalf.
The pain has started to lessen a bit...it's cooled here...so I don't know if that has had anything to do with it. It's the first real significant change since it started.