View Single Post
Old August 1 2013, 03:40 AM   #56
Christopher
Writer

Re: Revisiting TAS...

Warped9 wrote: View Post
But by putting TAS on the Saturday morning schedule it speaks of a particular mentality, a viewpoint toward the subject matter.
On the part of the network, yes. But it doesn't make sense to assume that the people actually making the show felt the same way about it. I mean, of course they had to make it appropriate for that timeslot and eliminate most of the violence and sexy stuff. But other than that, the writers were told to approach it the exact same way they would've approached TOS, just with an unlimited budget for sets and effects.

Hey, I just call it as I see it.
And what we think we see is very often wrong, since we very rarely see the full picture. Which is why it's just good sense not to confuse "as I see it" for "as is undeniably true." Especially when it comes to making negative assumptions about the motivations or talent of people you've never met and are not qualified to judge. That's just plain rude.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote