View Single Post
Old July 31 2013, 02:32 PM   #398
F. King Daniel
Admiral

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

talfe'anhar wrote: View Post
I love this! I think it's a wonderful analogy!
Thank you!
serenitytrek1 wrote: View Post
Lastly, may I also add that King Daniel's analogy on Spock is beyond ridiculous and flat out wrong.

If King D was correct about how Spock acted like a coming out guy then why would Spock (after he supposedly came out) tell kirk to tell uhura (a girl) that he loved her in case he dies and doesn't make it back?
You misunderstand what I meant.
Malaika wrote: View Post
serenitytrek1 I think you didn't really get King D's analogy ...

... I think he was actually talking about the S/U dynamic (also what the poster being gay or straight has to do with any of this? )

I might be wrong but I think he was simply saying that the S/U relationship and Spock's arc in that movie could be an allegory of a "coming out". I think he isn't the first one that said that here. I remember in another thread someone saying that the positive message in the transport pad scene was the way Spock essentially accepted himself for who he is (and therefore he's accepting his human side and that he has emotions) and no one judged him for that ( compared to the vulcans that had bullied him for his emotions)It's a metaphor, so to speak. He wasn't saying that Spock was gay or that the intent of the scenes was that.
That's exactly it