View Single Post
Old July 31 2013, 10:35 AM   #1502
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

‘Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition’ release dates, content, pricing announced

Fans anxious for word on the “The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition,” can officially check off calendar dates, Warner Bros. has released the Kracken — or at least the dates when it will release what is expected to be a monster on home video. In the U.S. Tuesday, Nov., 5 is the street date available for the film with its 12 extra minutes of footage edited and scored directly into the film. That means customers can walk in and buy it off the shelf or, as more often is the case with big title releases, look for it from home delivery after buying it online or pick it up from the outlet where they have placed a pre-order. Those purchasing a digital download can have it much sooner, October 22nd (likely a world-wide availability date.) International street dates vary, but it is believed Nov. 4 is the date for the U.K..
U.S. consumers will have three options with different suggest retails price:
* 5-disc Blu-ray 3D set ($54.98) (includes a non-3D Blu-ray version)
* 3-disc Blu-ray ($35.99)
* 5-disc DVD ($34.99)
Only 12 minutes of additional footage. Disappointing, yet unsurprising. That section of the book was almost entirely in the film. My only hope is that the two riddles that were omitted from the "Riddles in the Dark" sequence will be added, but I have a feeling they weren't filmed.

On the plus side, despite my fears to the contrary, the DVD set appears to have all of the same features as the Blu-Ray edition.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote