View Single Post
Old July 31 2013, 08:52 AM   #1074
Set Harth
Rear Admiral

Re: X-MEN: Days Of Future Past (Casting, Rumors, Pics till release)

Mister Fandango wrote: View Post
Didn't Xavier explain it earlier in the movie though? I seem to remember him (or maybe it was someone else) talking about the possibility of transferring his consciousness into someone in a coma.
Yeah, the end credits scene pays that off, and it's clearly not supposed to indicate that Xavier's consciousness is in Moira. Moira is reacting to the voice coming from the man in the bed. I guess you could write in that Xavier "jumped" into Moira offscreen later on, but to what purpose? And would he even consider such a thing allowable on ethical grounds? What made it work in the case of the guy in the bed was that he had no consciousness of his own to speak of, it was basically just a set of organs being kept alive. Also, the guy in the bed was supposed to be one "P.Xavier", but that was left out of the film, so Singer & Co. appear to have addressed the question of where the new Xavier body comes from by "mutants did it". Star Trek III might even serve as inspiration here. What I don't get is the idea that it's to be explained by the time travel mechanics of the plot. Despite the fact that it can't be Kitty anymore, if the time travel thing is anything like Kitty's role in the DOFP comic it doesn't seem like it would explain Xavier's survival.