View Single Post
Old July 30 2013, 04:04 PM   #249
NightJim
Commander

View NightJim's Twitter Profile
Re: Voyager again, for the first time

Basics Parts 1&2 - probably taking a break now, as some friends and I are going over old Doctor Who for the 50th Anniversary.

Anyway, Part 1 is a a good season ender, Part 2 was just alright. I'm not too sure about the whole on the planet survival stuff. I'd have preferred to see them struggle with day to day rather then conflict with caveman and crazy worm dragons. It all seemed over a bit too quickly as well.

That said, the end of Suder's and Seska's stories were well down. Suder's struggle to kill again was brilliantly done, and I think the episode would have been a lot stronger concentrating on the Kazon, Suder and the Doc. Especially after the revelation of the baby, though following a conversation in another thread I now can't help but wonder what would have been if they hadn't wussed out on the DNA steal.

Edit: Actually, no. Having sat with it for 10 minutes, Seska's story was ok, right up to the end. Her death was cheap. Paris and Suder take her out with a loopback. Why Seska? Something way more dramatic was needed there.

Oh and Tuvok's archery is diabolical.

Last edited by NightJim; July 30 2013 at 04:22 PM. Reason: change of mind
NightJim is offline   Reply With Quote