View Single Post
Old July 30 2013, 07:50 AM   #209
zDarby
Lieutenant

Re: Let's Discuss the Romulan Bird of Prey!

No. I'm not an engineer. I was studying to be one: a rocket engineer. But I dropped out very early in my studies. (It's a long story no one, not even I, care about.) But what that really means is I'm not afraid of numbers. (In fact, I have a long boring speech I give to all those I tutor in math about it being a language. No one ever listens.) ....

The calculations were time-consuming, don't get me wrong... and they were tedious and repetitive. But they weren't hard... Just time-consuming, tedious and repetitive... And they were worth it. I learned quite a bit about what a Rom BOP could and could not be. If she's a rocket, she has to be a pretty darn advanced one. Not impossible....Far from impossible. But I'm not sure I buy it.

Thanks for the complement about the BOP/Miranda gif. I was excited when I looked at them superimposed in 3d. But the gif made me go, "Ah...Damn....It was such a good theory!"

And I've done most of the calcs for a fusion powered warp BOP. Now I have to write up something to describe all those damnedable numbers. That will take about as much time as it took to do the calcs....And I had to do them twice.

By the way, your avatar makes me want to go into a transe and then into an epileptic fit.
zDarby is offline   Reply With Quote