View Single Post
Old July 30 2013, 01:32 AM   #467
Sran
Fleet Captain

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
Angel Hernandez.
Thanks! I knew I forgot someone. Hernandez is arguably worse than Joe West, if that's even possible.

Aragorn wrote: View Post
So, Mr. Laser Beam, you hoping A-Rod gets the MLB death penalty?
I'm not Mr. Laser Beam, but Rodriguez deserves to become as irrelevant as John Rocker is. I don't want him to get suspended for life like Rose did- I think what Pete Rose did is much worse- because I actually think it's funny watching his skills erode as his aging body betrays him. I hope the Yankees- who should never have signed him to that contract extension- have to pay him every last cent until the contract expires. Maybe that will teach some of these teams who insist on giving mega-deals to star players (SEE: Ryan Howard*, Albert Pujols, Josh Hamilton, etc.).

*For the record, I'm a big Ryan Howard fan and would love to see him healthy again. I just don't think it's going to happen. He belongs in the American League where he can DH, but no AL team should bother with him because of his bloated contract. But I digress...

A-Rod is an idiot, and he deserves to wither away as America watches. I don't condone cheating, but I understand why fringe players who were fighting for their jobs decided to try PEDs. What I will never figure out is why established stars (Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, Braun) thought they needed an edge. Bonds and Clemens were already HOF-bound, and Rodriguez wasn't far behind. Braun isn't a HOF'er, but he was an up-and-coming star. None of these guys needed to cheat to stick in baseball.

--Sran