View Single Post
Old July 29 2013, 12:01 PM   #24
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Plot for a new Star Trek Series

Three things:
1) If you attack Janet by saying she'll practically become Sally... you've attacked Sally. In fact, you've insulted Sally worse than Janet. Hi, I'm Sally! This is not exclusive to this board. It's a life lesson.
2) There is no shortage of Star Trek Fan Filmmakers in the UK, but none in Northern Ireland. Check the map! You can move it around, zoom in, or go to it at Google Maps. If you are in England, Scotland, or Wales, there's a fan filmmaker near you!
3) Making a fan film is a giant undertaking. This is not like writing a short story, or even a novel. It's an insane amount of work. And, since it's a fan film, you can't sell it. You can't charge for DVDs or to put it in theaters. I'm working on a non-Trek sci fi novel. Even that is an INSANE amount of work, but at least if people like it, I may make a few bucks. I index these bouts of insanity known as Star Trek Fan Films because I respect the energy, effort, and love they embody. I also like watching them, even most of the bad ones. And I'm not the only one. On average, my index gets over 50 visitors and over 200 page views each day. I'm not exactly Amazon.com, but that's not bad.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote