View Single Post
Old July 28 2013, 09:21 PM   #2
Guy Gardener
Fleet Admiral

Re: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Voyager Ep Counterpoint (Season 5)

Defiant Obrien wrote: View Post

1. What methods did all the previous fugitive telepaths use to find the wormhole before voyager came along?
They had a map. In their navigation computers. These fugitives lost their ship, and their map. If I told you to go to a certain pub in England but you weren't allowed to map quest it...

2. Why did the Davore need to scan bulkheads and railings and basically a ton of shit telepaths could never hide in with their little tricorder things?
Telepaths can stand in front of you. Make sure that you can't see them. Sure they can make you see inaccurate data, and even make you cover their tracks, but later in review of the raw data someone else not under telepathic influence is going to sift through the results in a clean room.

3. Would it not make sense to have some other "ghost" telepaths on your Strike team.. to find wayward telepaths??
Hypocrisy. The thoughts in your head are supposed to be private.

4. How is it the Devore sensors cant detect ships that use their own refractive shield technology? It implies they cant find their own ships?
A billion, billion different subtle frequencies.

5. Not quite sure why Kashik (who knew about the telepaths in the transporter buffer in the first place) needed to go through the whole defection charade. Seems he could have confiscated the telepaths and the ship at any time (did he need help trying to find the unfindable wormhole that skitters around???)
He wanted the wormhole, and he wanted the millions of other telepaths hiding on the other side of the wormhole.

6. In the closing scene, all the fugitive telepaths were on the shuttles EXCEPT tuvok (and i assume ensign vorek).. And they werent in the transporter buffer... So where..were..they???
Dunno. But if they weren't hiding as a group in the larger transporter buffers used for cargo in the cargo bay, they could have been in any of the other dozens of buffers attached to the other transporters on the ship or Voyagers shuttles.

Troy Yingst. My Life as Liz
Guy Gardener is offline   Reply With Quote