View Single Post
Old July 28 2013, 07:38 PM   #16
Barbreader
Fleet Captain

View Barbreader's Twitter Profile
Re: Plot for a new Star Trek Series

dan_bevan wrote: View Post
You are very bitchy today im sorry I didnt realise it was your time of the month. I should have been more careful. Im introducing an interesting species that provides a genuine threat. The species would have a backstory that gives a reason to their motives. I will run with that story until it reaches its natural conclusion. My wealth of existing lore is fine thank you and i know plenty about species such as the Klingons and Romulans just dont see the point of rehashing something that has already been done a number of times. That being said I already plan on showing existing species that we all know and see what they are doing in the 29th century.

"Dregs of fandom" !?! Who is this guy? Clueless. You are just one of these bitter fans of TOS and is unable to accept any other incarnation of star trek.
After the comment about 'time of the month' aimed at a man, I was tempted to NOT bother to get back to you.

But I am the keeper of the index (self-appointed) and as such, I try to rise above my own issues.

So, Gatekeeper, the super European fan film, ... you can get a collection of links on it under (G), here: http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/210.html . The blog 210 includes Star Trek Fan Filmmakers who have not yet released films.

For the moment, I am going allow my response to your comment to NOT yet give you a listing there.

I'll see if you follow through a bit. There are about 5 people who announce they are going to make a fan film for each one that starts, and about 3 or 4 that start for each that actually produces a film. As far as I can tell, you have neither a track record nor a tact record. You'll need both if you are going to pull this off.

I don't know where in the world you are. You might do yourself the favor of attending a shoot for an existing fan film group to see what's involved in this very demanding undertaking.

The map here will help you locate a group that is filming or has filmed a Star Trek Fan Film in your area. http://startrekreviewed.blogspot.com/2009/06/4.html

Good luck with your film. There are never enough excellent ones. Much is forgiven when the product is excellent. Be excellent.
Barbreader is offline   Reply With Quote