View Single Post
Old July 28 2013, 02:52 PM   #8
lennier1
Commodore

Re: Plot for a new Star Trek Series

dan_bevan wrote: View Post
lennier1 wrote: View Post
A show about yet another enemy that's supposed to be even more dangerous than the Klingons/Romulans/Borg/Hirogen/8472/Whatever?
And we should care, because?

Personally, I stopped giving a shit about the enemy of the season years ago.
The overuse of that trope after TNG (and on Stargate as well) more than cured me of that.
So let me get this straight... U want a Trek with no baddies and no threat...!?! Sounds like boreville mate. No Trek tv show would work without a credible threat to the Federation.

Granted Voyager dragged out the Borg to death and Trek needed a shake up but where would TOS and TNG be without the Klingons or Romulans? I think ur in a minority mate.

If the bad guys are done the right way then it could make for a successful series.
1. Get a spell checker. We have the technology!
2. Trying to twist my words won't make your idea any better.
3. I don't have a problem with conflict in a show, but if the whole premise of your show consists of just pulling yet another big bad enemy out of your ass, you might as well go for a JJverse show where that's the only thing they're able to do.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
lennier1 is offline   Reply With Quote