View Single Post
Old July 28 2013, 08:33 AM   #26
Maj. Kira Nerys
Ensign

Re: Would a Trek movie about a Space Station work?

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
It would totally fail. Doesn't matter what it's about, who's in it, how it's written, how it's directed, how entertaining it is. As soon as it is NOT on the Enterprise, it's a total failure. The audience would be so confused, you'd have millions of people completely disoriented on the streets. Memory loss, blurred vision, skin irritations.
Confused, disorientated, memory loss, blurry vision. Well, that means nothing new. So, let's do it.
I am a bit worried about the skin irritations though.

But seriously...
I think, it could work, but I don't know if it would work with characters nobody knew before. So I could imagine a DS9 movie, but one with a completely new crew might be difficult. On a starship you have a very limited number of main characters. You can introduce them rather quickly and have time to tell a story. On a space station as we saw on DS9 the number of characters necessary to make it seem real is bigger and I don't know if that makes it possible to make a movie as good as on a starship. Well, it's surely possible, but I think it's more difficult.

Allons-y! (Tenth Doctor)
Maj. Kira Nerys is offline   Reply With Quote