1. Reservoir Dogs (1992) - A
2. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2011) - D
3. Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012) - C+
4. Zero Dark Thirty (2012) - A
5. The Amazing Spiderman (2012) - B
6. Life of Pi (2012) - A
7) The Perks of being a Wallflower (2012) - B+
8) Looper (2012) - B+
9) Iron Man 3 (2013) - B
10) Star Trek Into Darkness (2013) - B-
11) Monster's Inc (2001) - A
12) Man of Steel (2013) - B
13) Safety Not Guaranteed (2012) - B
14) Monsters University (2013) - C
15) Fruitvale Station (2013) - B
Not sure how big of a story the Oscar Grant thing was outside of the Bay Area, but with the Zimmerman Trial and the recent protests, it did bring back some harsh memories of that fateful Morning on New Years Day 2009.
Leaving this movie, I was left with the question of why did this need to be a movie? It was a straight to the point account of Oscar Grant's death but it felt like more could have gone into it. I think if they wanted the movie to be a little longer (It was less than a hour and a half) they could have delved into the protests and the trail of Maserle.
I did love the performances though from Michael B Jordan and Octavia Spencer. I even liked Diaz' portrayal of Grant's girlfriend.
Theater: 7 (+1)