View Single Post
Old July 28 2013, 02:53 AM   #484
Sto-Vo-Kory
Commander

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Christopher wrote: View Post
But I did determine that both of the vandals are established Batman villains: Daedalus Boch, aka Doodlebug, and Tucker Long, aka Junkyard Dog. They both made their debut as Arkham inmates in 2003's Arkham Asylum: Living Hell by Dan Slott and Ryan Sook. Lunkhead from last week's episode also debuted there. I think that ties Slott & Sook with Bob Kane & Bill Finger as creators of the largest number of characters to appear on BtB thus far; Kane & Finger created Batman, Gordon, and Alfred. (Mike Barr & Jim Aparo created Katana, Gardner Fox & Carmine Infantino created Barbara Gordon, Grant Morrison & Andy Kubert created Pyg & Toad, Bob Haney & Ramona Fradon created Simon Stagg, John Ostrander & Tom Mandrake created Michael Holt/Mr. Terrific, John Byrne created Magpie, and Alan Grant & Norm Breyfogle created Anarky.)
That Arkham Asylum miniseries is brilliant. One of the best Bat-verse stories of all time. Slott really made a name for himself on that book and is now doing amazing (or maybe, superior) work on Marvel's Spidey title. If you can get a copy of the trade for this miniseries, I highly recommend giving it a read.

IIRC, I thought it was mentioned that Humpty Dumpty from the Arkham series would be showing up on BtB, as well -- am I remembering that right?
Sto-Vo-Kory is offline   Reply With Quote