View Single Post
Old July 27 2013, 06:26 PM   #104
Jon-o'-lantern
Rear Admiral

Re: Rugby Union 2013 Thread

Can't believe it! The Brumbies steal the victory in the dying minute of the game to beat the Bulls 26 - 23. The game was close for the full 80 mins, the Brumbies got away to a 10 nil lead in the first 12 minutes thanks to a penalty and a great try by Mogg after a fantastic break and no look flick pass from Speight. The rest of the first half was close with the kickers exchanging penalties, but importantly the Brumbies kept their noses in front going into the 2nd half.

The second half was brutal and the Bulls came out firing. So much so that by the 60th minute when the Bulls for the first time in the match got into the lead by one point I was sure they would grind their way to victory. Crucially from around the 65th min to the 75th the Bulls went for touch instead of the penalty and failed to get any joy from it. With 4 to go they finally took one and had a 23 - 19 lead and I thought they would hold on. Thankfully I was wrong and Toomua sliced through the Bulls line in the 78th minute and great backing up by Kuridrani saw the winning try. After the conversion the Brumbies just had to regather the kick off and hold for 15 secs and they did just that to make their way into the finals.

Big ask to come back and face the Chiefs over there in NZ. Crusaders definitely found it so back in 2011 when they came back from SA and got dispatched by the Reds in the final in Brisbane. Strong chance that the Chiefs quality and freshness will see them to a back to back victory. Regardless, excited to see a Brumbies team make the final after nearly a decade as also-rans.

Last edited by Jon-o'-lantern; July 27 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Jon-o'-lantern is offline   Reply With Quote