View Single Post
Old July 27 2013, 06:08 PM   #17
benmrii
Ensign

Re: Best way to watch all of Star Trek?

Third Nacelle wrote: View Post
This is pretty much the order I watch Star Trek in, it uses internal chronology rather than airdates:

http://thestartrekchronologyproject....r-trek_19.html.
That is an incredible list and I can imagine its merit. (It also humbles me as I realize how much there is for me to see!) However, as someone who is now a little more than halfway through TOS having never seen it or a single episode of DS9, VOY, or ENT, I think that probably is better suited for someone who knows more about Star Trek than I do. As R. Star stated earlier: “While Enterprise takes place before TOS, it contains numerous references and easter eggs to what comes after it in the timeline that to get the full experience you really should watch it after.” Since I would be almost certainly oblivious to much of those, I think my first experience of Enterprise should probably come after so much that came before in production. More familiar with the series, or perhaps a second watch-through, I think a fully chronological time-line order would be fantastic.

Lots of people wrote:
The Cage is awesome…
I’m genuinely happy to hear a resounding call for me to watch The Cage and will. If this pursuit alone doesn’t make it clear, I am indeed a “completist” in the best/worst sense. I’ll plan on fitting it in between TOS and TAS.

The Old Mixer wrote: View Post
I'm also in favor of viewing each series separately. In the DVD age, watching a series can gain a certain momentum, and you might not appreciate one if you're always wanting to get back to the other.
At this point I agree and my plan is not to intertwine episodes, though probably seasons. Several of the suggestions point to that and I don’t think it will be disruptive to the degree that individual episodes might while allowing for some interplay.

And now it's time to watch The Immunity Syndrome.
benmrii is offline   Reply With Quote