View Single Post
Old July 27 2013, 08:12 AM   #11
CaffeineAddict
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Trek Kindle eBook "Update"

bfollowell wrote: View Post
CaffeineAddict wrote: View Post
I found the kindle version of Stone and Anvil had about three chapters in the middle in the wrong order. Really confuses the story. I had to compare it to a print copy to figure out what should be where. I reported it to Amazon, who said they'd notify the publisher. That was about six months ago, and so far no update.
Well, it looks as if Stone & Anvil has already been updated as part of the program I mentioned back last November. So, either the changes you mentioned have already been made or they were missed and are still there in a cleaned-up prettier version. The version you mentioned that had the chapters out-of-sequence, did it have the "Thank you for purchasing this Pocket Books ebook - Signup Here" page in the front and back of the book? If not, you were definitely reading and older version and a newer one is available. You may just try re-downloading to see if they send the newer version.

- Byron
Turns out it was After the Fall, not Stone and Anvil, but yes, it does have the pocket ebooks "sign up here" pages.
I've tried re-downloading the kindle book, and the issue is still there.
CaffeineAddict is offline   Reply With Quote