View Single Post
Old July 26 2013, 08:06 PM   #6970
Captain Craig
Vice Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Aquaman #22 - Another good issue. The Dead King is telling Arthur that is family usurped the throne, that he's not a true king of Atlantis and as Mera tries to rally finds out that her people back the Dead King as well. Arthur is wounded pretty good so not sure how he and Mera get out of this. A loose B-story of the attempt to break Orm out is also underway as well as a C-story with a few panels of the Scavenger looting Atlantis while Arthur is away. Surprisingly all of this was juggled well!! It reamains one of the top tier written books DC is doing.

Justice League Dark #22 - while I've resigned myself to not read these crossover events and do not know the full details about Dr.Light and Superman up to this point I feel the issue gave me enough broad strokes. As well as the dynamic that puts WW and Batman on opposite sides as they square off in The House of Mystery. Constantine and Shazam going off has to be due to Shazam's total unfamilarity with Constantine, no one just goes off with him, sure sign of a rookie. The art was execeptional again for the crossover. The art on this book has been strong for it's run and the stories equalled the monthly dollar. Hope some sample this book after Trinity War passes, sure it could use it.
Captain Craig is offline   Reply With Quote