View Single Post
Old July 26 2013, 03:18 PM   #33
Kinokima
Lieutenant Commander

Re: The curse of even Trek Films and the reboot - thought

I know very little about the TNG films but from what everything I read of the TOS movies, movie three was definitely well received. As I said on another thread if it wasn't would they have even let Nimoy direct number 4? They didn't let him do two movies out of the goodness of their hearts. People say the 3rd film is the best of the odd number films, but that is just silly. It was considered a good film at the time. Maybe today it is considered a bit weaker compared to Nos 2 and 4 but I think that has more to do with being in the middle. I think if you look at all the Trek films it was considered a good one.

I think it must be true what people say that the curse of the odd movies being bad started with movie 5 and that movies overall failure.

Whatever you think of movies 1 and 5 (and there are things I personally like and dislike about both these movies). Both movies 1 and 5 were poorly received, for different reasons and then 6 came along and things ended on a good note (as far as fans and critics reviews).

Like I said I don't know much about the TNG films except First Contact is the most popular one (again an even film). This I assume strengthened the whole even/odd curse thing but I don't think any of the other TNG films match up with it (again from what I've seen from critics reviews). Neither the next two TNG films (even or odd) seem to have been well received.
Kinokima is offline   Reply With Quote