View Single Post
Old July 26 2013, 11:13 AM   #16
TJ Sinclair
Captain

Re: IDW Publishing's License Concludes

I've read very little of IDW's Doctor Who output, in all honesty. After consistently being disappointed in their Star Trek offerings, I didn't really give their take on the Doctor(s) a fair shake. I know a lot of people who swear by IDW's GI Joe and Transformers output, but I swear, their Trekstuff has *always* left me cold, and what little Who I read wasn't much better. But at least they seem to have managed to get better writers for Who than for their Trek line, even if the art is rather dodgy in places. I don't know much about Lee, but Fialkov is definitely a good writer, as is Diggle but I don't know how well he'd fit in writing Doctor Who. If they had/have Cornell involved at all, I'm happy.

I can't say I'd be thrilled to see the title go to Boom!, though publishing Doctor Who comics would probably help them financially in the long run, after losing the Disney license. And I certainly want the license to stay far, far away from Dynamite. With Dark Horse most likely losing the Star Wars license sometime next year, that might be a good place for BBC to take the TARDIS.