View Single Post
Old July 26 2013, 07:24 AM   #646
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D to ABC!

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm a fan of keeping the X-Men separate. Combining universes muddies the messages of the X-Men universe rather than strengthens either. Sure it's nice to see superheroes with each other, but X-Men is deeper than just that and combining them severely weakens their stories.
True, but on the other hand I think Whedon did a great job with bringing in some other Marvel characters during his X-Men run, so I think his team could make it work in reverse for something like SHIELD. Different and a newer thing than in the X-films obviously, but still there. Or of course there's always the "metahuman" lingo.

Christopher wrote: View Post
(The second animated series, X-Men Evolution, kept mutants secret from the world until a bit over halfway through its run, and it didn't really get interesting until they were outed and the show could start dealing with the themes of intolerance and persecution.)
It didn't get really good until the Sentinel attack I agree, but I'd say it got a lot more interesting right in the second season when they started de-emphasizing the Brotherhood as a threat. And the Christmas episode with Angel is still one of the best, I think.