View Single Post
Old July 25 2013, 07:51 PM   #85
gblews
Rear Admiral

View gblews's Twitter Profile
Re: 2013 NBA Offseason Thread...

Alidar Jarok wrote: View Post
Andrew Bynum talking about Cavs fans:

"I just know that theyíre really, really passionate, and I havenít had the opportunity to play for a city that is really just gonna stand up and really support the team, Iím super excited and I canít wait to see what itís like."

Unfortunately for him, he won't likely to know what it's like in Cleveland either given his knees are shot so he isn't going to play for them either. I'm assuming the "play" is important and it's just a shot at Lakers fans, but it's nice to burn bridges with the only people who still like him.
You know, I don't think Andrew was taking a "shot" at Lakers' fans even though the statement could be construed as such. That just wouldn't be in Andrew's nature. He does have a penchant for saying what is on his mind without filter.

What he is likely referring to is the Lakers' fans well known (and deserved) reputation for not getting "all that" excited about regular season games (unless we're playing the Celts sometimes).

The fans don't get crazy until it is "money time" -- the playoffs. Cleaveland fans, as well as any number of other fanbases around the league, are nuts from the opening tip in October. This, I think, is what Drew is talking about. So I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.
gblews is offline   Reply With Quote