View Single Post
Old July 25 2013, 03:39 PM   #245
Katie O'Clare
Lieutenant

Re: Voyager again, for the first time

KaraBear wrote: View Post
Katie O'Clare wrote: View Post
I think Tuvok is the perfect person to talk to and take advice from when your emotions are a mess and you need a rock to hold onto. He is that rock..and I think thats what Janeway sees and appreciates. And like you guys said, since he is able to look at the situation objectively he can offer some other perspectives that Janeway couldn't/wouldn't see.

Btw, Tuvix is one of my favourite episodes...I think its astonishing that they wrote a character and found an actor to portray someone so likable in such an incredibly short time. Despite myself I found myself rooting for Tuvix in the end. I really was sad to see him go. He was such a unique character it would have been interesting to see him develop and adapt further.
I always wondered something about Tuvix. He picked up the best qualites of both Tuvok and Neelix and was a sweetheart. But what if he picked up the worst from each. What if Tuvix had been a complete jerk? Would people have had any hesitation about getting rid of him? Would we still be discussing whether or not it was murder? Or would everyone have been happy to see him go and not given it another thought?
Hmm good thinking. I dont know. Initially, and I know this is SOOOOO wrong but please dont judge me, I would say that I wouldnt have been sad to see him go...but I think that is just natural. Who wants to watch a character one genuinely dislikes...I know I dont...but that would NEVER be a reason to murder someone...just because he has some bad qualities and character traits...but that is a very delicate subject....
Katie O'Clare is offline   Reply With Quote