View Single Post
Old July 25 2013, 01:56 PM   #468
Christopher
Writer

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
It might not be what they are saying, but I think it's what's motivating the question. That the previous version is "right," ie, their version of Batman they want, all other versions are "wrong" because it's not how they want to see Batman.
Yeah... there are always people who are reflexively suspicious of the new. What they're forgetting is that the things they love were new once too. They gave those things a chance, and were won over, and found something they loved. It's sad they're so resistant to the opportunity to have that same experience again.

I'll say this: I haven't been so immediately won over by a Batman solo series since B:TAS. The Batman was a show I was unimpressed by until its second season and only watched intermittently before then. The Brave and the Bold took a while to win me over and I thought it was kind of frivolous until they began pulling out all the stops and doing the really innovative and startling stuff. (Young Justice had a version of Batman I would've gladly followed in a solo series, but that doesn't really count, alas.) But I was sold on Beware the Batman after one episode, and I'm even more of a fan after two.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote