View Single Post
Old July 24 2013, 04:59 AM   #372
Cartoonist
Captain

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

theenglish wrote: View Post
^^^^^
But it would have been nice to see a couple minutes of Superman helping to rebuild the city. A short montage of him pulling survivors from the rubble, reuniting families, and cleaning the damage or lending a hand to reconstruction would have gone a long way to showing us the Superman we know--the one who spends most of his time helping people rather than just fighting crime.
I was actually glad NOT to see that. Before the last scene, I was assuming I was going to see a retread of the end of Superman II (where Superman symbolically started rebuilding the White House with the flag). I was thinking it would take me out of the movie as much as Spock screaming "KHAAAAN!" took me out of Into Darkness. I was relieved when it didn't happen.

The one thing I do wish they'd done differently was have Superman try to rescue a few more civilians in the midst of the battle. But I forgive that because his decision to end Zod when he did was ALL about saving that one family (not to mention the entire human race).
Cartoonist is offline   Reply With Quote