View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 10:42 PM   #59
CaptPapa
Commander

Re: Original or remastered effects?

Melakon wrote: View Post
My financial situation won't change unless I start playing Lotto. I'm disabled, can't work anymore. There is enough money coming in once a month for rent and food and small expenses, but anything nearing or over $100 I have to budget several months in advance. I can play DVD's on my computer, but not Blu-Ray. And I didn't even start buying DVD until 3 or 4 years ago. Twenty-five years ago I was earning about 3 times what I get now in disability. So money is tight. Life was much better when I could just stop by the video store and order the entire 10-lot set of TOS videotapes that had just been released without checking the bank balance.
I would recommend Netflix. I don't know where you are, or if Netflix is available everywhere, but if it's an option, I think it's a great deal. I pay $7.99 a month and can stream all the Star Trek I can take - including TOS remastered. I turned off my $80 a month Direct TV almost two years ago now and don't miss it a bit.
I own one blu-ray DVD player, still have VCRs hooked up and nary a flat screen in sight. My house is still filled with picture tube TVs and I'm cool with that too.