View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 04:26 AM   #89
The Wormhole
Re: 50th Anniversary Trailer Description

sttngfan1701d wrote: View Post
What the fuck is the BBC's problem? Seriously, why not release a damn trailer? The UK fans deserve it because they pay for the show. Fans all over the world deserve it because without us there wouldn't BE a damn show.

It's a trailer. It serves to get the fans of your show excited. What is the damn problem with releasing it? I am so sick and tired of this secrecy stuff that surrounds Doctor Who. It makes no sense.
While I agree it is pretty damn stupid not to release the trailer, this is not secrecy. Secrecy would be to not even have a trailer or any presence at Comic-Con at all. You know, like JJ Abrams and his Star Trek movies. As it currently stands, we know a lot more about the 50th Anniversary four months in advance than we did about STID in January. Hell, just knowing for a fact that John Hurt is playing a darker incarnation of the Doctor is more than Abrams revealed about Benedict Cumberbatch the entire 16 month period following his casting and the movie's release.
"Internet message boards aren't as funny today as they were ten years ago. I've stopped reading new posts." -The Simpsons 20th anniversary special.
The Wormhole is offline   Reply With Quote