View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 02:55 AM   #233
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Voyager again, for the first time

R. Star wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
As for Tuvix... I like how it set up the next ep... Resolutions.
How's that? I never saw any real connection. Though it's been awhile since I watched through Voyager.

Since NightJim has watched the ep, and since I don't know how to use them ANYWAY, spoiler tags are NOT in use.

Do you remember the tete e tete between pink night-gowned Janeway and Kes in the Captain's quarters?

KES: He said, he said that he loves me.
JANEWAY: Well, I suppose I can see how that's possible, given the circumstances.
KES: I wasn't sure what to say. At first, I was angry. But I know how he's trying to comfort me, and I know that he feels alone too. To tell the truth, he's a wonderful person.
JANEWAY: Do you have feelings for him too, Kes?
KES: No, I don't. I mean, how could I? I still love Neelix, and I'm not ready to give up on him, no matter what the Doctor says.
JANEWAY: I know how you feel. You're experiencing what people on this crew have been going through since we first got stranded in this quadrant. Do we accept that we're separated from our loved ones forever, or do we hold onto the hope that someday we'll be with them again?
KES: What do you do, Captain?
JANEWAY: Oh, I struggle with it every day. Sometimes I'm full of hope and optimism. Other times... I dream about being with Mark and it's so real. Then when I wake up and realize it's just a dream, I'm terribly discouraged. In those moments, it's impossible to deny just how far away he really is. And I know that someday I may have to accept that he's not part of my life anymore.

This scene is actually an excellent piece of foreshadowing for the whole Janeway / Chakotay dynamic that occurs in the very next episode.

It also shows one of the things about the Janeway / Kes dynamic that I loved, the way how Janeway could / would let her hair down around Kes. Tuvok may be the Captain's oldest, dearest friends, but he IS a Vulcan, afterall, and would hardly be a sympathetic ear for her to bend when her heart is challenged.