View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 02:25 AM   #22
Stoek
Commander

View Stoek's Twitter Profile
Re: TOS: Doctor's Orders by Diane Duane Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Christopher wrote: View Post
Stoek wrote: View Post
The most jarring bit for many people not conversant even in passing with the earlier iteration of the novels is the Klingons and their urgent search for a particular substance on the planet.

Basically at this time some authors had established that without a kind of drug Klingons were incapable of controlling their violent urges, and the crew of this ship had run out some time ago. It's like a less intense version of ketracel white basically.
I don't remember any books asserting that about the Klingons. And once you get to the end of Doctor's Orders, you'll see that things aren't always what they seem.
To the best of my recollection the idea appears first in ... http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Timetrap

and I assumed that DD picked up on it and made use of it.

Sadly while the book is not unreasonably priced for Kindle I've already been a bit too indulgent (two back stock books plus pre-order for DWards new one out next week) so I can't pick it up right now to double check.

Oh and I forget to say earlier, thanks to Therin. I should have known that if there were any neat bits of trivia to share it would be you who would have it. I love my fellow Trek addicts.
Stoek is offline   Reply With Quote