View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 01:50 AM   #31
Grant
Fleet Captain

Re: Original or remastered effects?

SpHeRe31459 wrote: View Post
Grant wrote: View Post
I am pretty sure that full sets of 'remastered' TOS on DVD are not sold. So if you wanted the remastered you'd be deprived of many episodes (Which I personally couldn't do without.)
Sorry what? TOS-R has been on DVD since 2008. And in fact the 3 seasons on DVD are about to get re-released in new packaging as a Best Buy exclusive.

Grant wrote: View Post
So I guess I'm saying if you can somehow get ahold of a Blu-ray player--that would be your best option going forward.
Ditto. As you pointed out the season sets cost pretty much the same whether DVD or Blu-ray. The Blu-ray is the better version thanks to including both the original and remastered VFX option.

Since the cost of the season sets is basically the same, we're talking about a one time investment in a decent brand-name Blu-ray player, as the only real difference.
You are right--they do sell DVD remastered season sets $87 for all 3 AND it's $99 for all 3 in BLu-ray--$12 bucks difference.

Melakon wrote: View Post
My financial situation won't change unless I start playing Lotto. I'm disabled, can't work anymore. There is enough money coming in once a month for rent and food and small expenses, but anything nearing or over $100 I have to budget several months in advance. I can play DVD's on my computer, but not Blu-Ray. And I didn't even start buying DVD until 3 or 4 years ago. Twenty-five years ago I was earning about 3 times what I get now in disability. So money is tight. Life was much better when I could just stop by the video store and order the entire 10-lot set of TOS videotapes that had just been released without checking the bank balance.

Well you made me feel like $h!t.........

I have another older Blu-ray player you can have. I'll box it up and send it to you if you want. PM me your address if you are interested.
Grant is offline   Reply With Quote