View Single Post
Old July 23 2013, 01:23 AM   #423
Timby
GIVE ME YOUR FACE

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Ar-Pharazon wrote: View Post
But then, considering Garza is a 2 month rental, is it a decent trade then?
It's not a terrible haul, but given that there's a pretty decent chance Garza re-signs with Texas (they've wanted him for two and a half years, and there was mutual interest before the Cubs beat the Rangers on money), it feels like they should have gotten more. Olt's prospect value has taken a huge hit (he does have a legitimate excuse with the post-concussion stuff, but that's a red flag in and of itself, too), Grimm is projecting as a back-of-the-rotation guy at best (and he's gotten hammered this year), and Edwards is ... well, he's got great minor league stats, but he's still in A ball, which means he needs to face much more talented hitters before we have an idea of his value, especially because his curveball mechanics are so wonky that he's screaming "future Tommy John surgery recipient" to me.

So ... Ryan Braun has been suspended for the rest of the season (65 games) ... and he will not appeal the decision. Gives just a wee bit of legitimacy to the Biogenesis (We're talking about universal Armageddon!) investigation.
Really not surprised by this. For better or worse, the MLBPA is just as tired of the PED stuff as MLB is, and Braun has been a dead man walking in MLB's eyes for 20-some months.

I'd also bet money that this is why A-Rod suddenly came down with a "quad strain."