View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 10:00 PM   #309
Greg Cox
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

davejames wrote: View Post
Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Batman is such a broad character that a Batman film would have been useful to set up just what kind of character this was going to be.
I don't really see that being necessary myself. They can establish what kind of Batman this is (and what kinds of villains he fights) easily with an introductory action scene in Gotham.

And as far as his temperment, it's almost certain to be similar to the Bale Batman, since Warners won't want to veer too far from what audiences loved in the immensely popular Nolan movies.
Exactly. In this day and age, I don't think moviegoers want or expect Batman to be a "light-hearted crime-fighter" with a Boy Wonder sidekick. Or that the general audience will be obsessing over what particular bits of comic book trivia apply to this particular version of Batman.

Batman will be a dark avenger of the night, motivated by the violent death of his parents so many years ago. As long as you stick to the broad strokes: Batcave, Batmobile, Bat-Signal, stately Wayne Manor, the average movie-goer is going not to be any more confused than when Daniel Craig took over as James Bond after the Pierce Brosnan era.

No one is going to be sitting in theory wondering where exactly Joe Chill or Jason Todd fit into the continuity!