View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 09:30 PM   #302
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Gotham Central wrote: View Post
Batman is such a broad character that a Batman film would have been useful to set up just what kind of character this was going to be.
I don't really see that being necessary myself. They can establish what kind of Batman this is (and what kinds of villains he fights) easily with an introductory action scene in Gotham.

And as far as his temperment, it's almost certain to be similar to the Bale Batman, since Warners won't want to veer too far from what audiences loved in the immensely popular Nolan movies.

Dorian Thompson wrote: View Post
Here's a link to an article today at Forbes as to why some don't think this movie's premise is good.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmen...rtner=yahootix

Mileage varies and many will, of course, disagree with the article. I agreed with it because it expressed how I felt much more articulately than I was able. Its author might be considered a "mainstream" film goer. His name is Scott Mendelson. Some will agree; some will vehemently disagree, but it's good food for thought.
Eh, certainly to some degree Warners is relying on Batman to bolster their new DC universe, but so what? Batman is a hugely popular character, and a founding member of the Justice League. So of course he's going to have a big role in future movies. I don't think there should be any shame in relying on him in that way.
davejames is offline   Reply With Quote