View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 07:52 PM   #197
The Black Stig
Rear Admiral

Re: Pacific Rim - Grading and Discussion

DarthTom wrote: View Post
The Stig wrote: View Post
Your nits have been nothing but opinions passed of as concrete factoids. Additionally, you ignore the overall boxoffice take of the film in a ham-handed attempt to call the movie a 'flop.'
I made it clear - these are my opinions. Hey man, if you like giant robots fighting godzilla like creatures with some quirky characters mixed in for good measure you're going to love this film.

If you don't - you will not. It was OK IMO but nothing to heap praises on as one of the best films of the summer.
I never made any such assertion. I simply pointed out that the movie has almost made back it's budget after two weeks and that your criticisms were shallow and nonsensical.

Pacific Rim has made $68 million domestically on a budgt of $190 million

Pacific Rim flops in the UK on its opening weekend amking only 2.19 million pounds.

But lets leave it to the experts at Variety who do study and report on the film industry who have described the film as a flop since I'm assuming neither you or I study or work in the film industry as they do.

Can you find any Hollywood industry indsiders who cover box office totals who are describing Pacific Rim as a success?
Your favorite source, Variety, calls Pacific Rim neither a bomb nor a runaway success.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/bo...nd-1200562349/

All we know is that he's not The Stig, he's The Stig's drowned predecessor.
The Black Stig is offline   Reply With Quote