View Single Post
Old July 22 2013, 03:58 PM   #194
Christopher
Writer

Re: ENT: A Choice of Futures by C. L. Bennett Review Thread (Spoilers!

Halliwell wrote: View Post
For me personally, I think Reed making captain makes perfect sense. Like you pointed out the man has been in Starfleet for quite some time now, and was even foreshadowed in the episode Twilight.
Right. And did anyone notice my reference to Reed now sporting a goatee, like he did in "Twilight"'s alternate 2165? Since ACOF is just two years before that, it felt appropriate.

And let's face facts, despite this being about the history of the Federation, I think that focusing on characters other than the Enterprise's crew wouldn't make this as good a story as it turned out. Most of us watched Enterprise when it was on to see the story of how this crew and it's adventures lead to the founding of the Federation. We have an investment in these characters, not just some random crew on a random mission in the early years of the Federation.
Right. While other readers are invested in characters like Kirk, Spock, Dax, and Tom Paris, so it makes sense to give them points of identification as well.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote